Mediterranean Red Pepper Sauce
Jarred roasted red peppers are an invaluable addition to any cook's pantry. Paired with almonds, garlic and spices, they make a simple, rich-tasting sauce to serve with grilled fish or vegetables.
From EatingWell: April 1998, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: about 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Combine almonds, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper in a food processor; pulse until the almonds are ground. Add peppers, oil and vinegar; process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down the sides of the workbowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Per Serving: 26 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 161 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food