Spread leftover refried beans on whole-wheat toast and top with salsa and cheese for an easy breakfast that has plenty of staying power.
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Yield: 1 serving
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons canned nonfat refried beans
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, such as Mexican blend or Jack
- Spread beans on toast. Top with salsa, then cheese. Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, about 45 seconds.
Nutrition Per serving:
123 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 392 mg sodium; 222 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat