Quick Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Here we stir a little melted chocolate into ricotta cheese for a cheesecake-like topping for chocolate wafer cookies.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Yield: 1 dozen mini cheesecakes
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tablespoon 100% fruit jam, such as raspberry or cherry
- Combine melted chocolate and ricotta in a small bowl. Spoon a scant 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each chocolate wafer and top with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Nutrition Per cheesecake:
61 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat