Mocha Ice Pops
Get an afternoon pick-me-up with these mocha-flavored frozen treats. A little of the cocoa settles at the bottom as they freeze, making a special chocolaty surprise on the top once the pop is unmolded.
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Yield: about 10 (3-ounce) freezer pops
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk coffee, sugar to taste and cocoa in a medium bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in half-and-half, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
Nutrition Per Serving: 54 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 26 mg sodium; 77 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other)