If you like piña coladas, try this lower-calorie version using ripe bananas blended with fresh pineapple and coconut milk. Serve it in festive tropical-drink glasses.
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple, plus 4 wedges for garnish
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup “lite” coconut milk, (see Tip)
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) light rum
- Puree bananas, diced pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut milk and ice in a blender. Stir in rum. Divide among 4 glasses. Garnish with pineapple wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Refrigerate leftover coconut milk for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months. It will appear separated when thawed; simply mix until smooth.
Nutrition Per Serving: 228 calories; 2 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 12 mg sodium; 339 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (52% daily value).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat