Moroccan Chicken Salad
Leftover chicken and rice come together in this flavorful main dish salad. Serve over baby spinach.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 1/3 cups each
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine rice, chicken, carrots, scallions and olives in a large bowl. Whisk together gravy (or broth), orange juice, lemon juice, mint, cilantro, oil, cinnamon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste in another bowl. Toss dressing with rice mixture.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (190% daily value), Vitamin C & Selenium (31% dv), Folate (26% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat