Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Breasts
The spicy coating caramelizes slightly during cooking, enhancing and mellowing the flavor mix.Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 45
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Moroccan Spice Mix, (recipe follows)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Blend Moroccan Spice Mix and oil in a shallow bowl. Pat chicken dry and dredge in the spice paste, turning to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
This Recipe Calls For:
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||8 g (1 g sat, 4 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Selenium (30% daily value).
Exchanges 3 lean meat, 2 fat
From EatingWell May/June 1995