Nectarine & Prosciutto Salad
Sweet ripe nectarines pair with peppery arugula and a hit of salty Parmesan and prosciutto in this outstanding side salad.
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 20
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula, trimmed if necessary
- 2 ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (see Tip)
- 3 paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces), torn into 2-inch strips
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
Combine lemon juice, shallot, mustard, honey and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in oil until combined. Add arugula and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with equal portions of nectarine, Parmesan and prosciutto. Serve with a grinding of pepper on top, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Shave hard cheeses like Parmesan, Pecorino Romano or Asiago with a vegetable peeler.
Nutrition Per Serving: 212 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 611 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (27% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat