Nectarine, Corn & Tomato Relish
Serve this tomato relish recipe—full of nectarines, corn and fresh tomatoes—as a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish or try it tossed it with whole-wheat pasta and a little extra olive oil.
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Yield: 6 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 ripe but firm nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup quartered yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear; see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine nectarines, tomatoes, corn, scallions, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
Nutrition Per serving:
74 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 107 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat