Niçoise Egg Salad
Green beans, tuna and olives make this Niçoise-style egg salad recipe substantial. Serve it over salad greens.
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip)
- 1 5- to 6-ounce can chunk-light tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked green beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in tuna, green beans and olives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Nutrition Per Serving: 185 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 195 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 510 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat