Orange & Black Olive Salad
Mint and coriander infuse this orange and black olive salad with Mediterranean flavors.
From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 Valencia or navel oranges
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from oranges and discard. Working over a bowl, cut orange segments from their surrounding membranes and let them fall into the bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl. Add mint, olives, oil, garlic, coriander and sugar. Season with salt and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Per serving:
159 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 137 mg sodium; 458 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat