“Get Your Orange” Flax Smoothie
This bright orange smoothie gets its color from frozen peaches plus carrot and orange juice. Fresh ginger packs a flavorful punch.
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
Yield: about 3 cups for 2, 1 1/2-cup servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- Combine peaches, carrot juice, orange juice, flaxseed and ginger in blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Look for ground flaxseeds (or flaxmeal) in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets or in natural-foods stores. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition Per Serving: 209 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 6 g fiber; 38 mg sodium; 964 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (467% daily value), Vitamin C (137% dv), Potassium (28% dv), Magnesium (20% dv)
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat