Orange Slices with Warm Raspberries
Warming the berries enhances their flavor and makes a pleasing contrast to the cool orange slices. Fresh pineapple can stand in for the oranges.
From EatingWell: March 1998, November/December 1995, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 seedless oranges, such as navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or Splenda Granular
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, (not thawed)
- With a sharp knife, remove and discard the skin and white pith from oranges; slice the oranges crosswise and arrange on 4 dessert plates.
- Combine sugar (or Splenda), lemon juice and cinnamon in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until bubbling. Add raspberries and stir gently until the berries are just thawed. Spoon over the orange slices and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per serving:
122 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (157% daily value), Fiber (20% dv).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit
Nutrition Note: Per serving with Splenda: 1 Carbohydrate Serving; 100 calories; 25 g carbohydrate.