Oven-Fried Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes
Hungry for fries? Slice potatoes into long thin wedges, toss with a little oil, salt and pepper, and pop them in the oven. They'll crisp to perfection—irresistible.
From EatingWell: January/February 1997, The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes, preferably Yukon Gold (2-4 medium), scrubbed
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, (about 2 small), scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. Cut sweet potatoes into wedges about the same size. Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes and sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Loosen and turn; roast until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving: 138 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (71% daily value), Vitamin C (42% dv), Fiber & Potassium (16% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat