Mary’s Zucchini with Parmesan for Two
This is how our Test Kitchen Manager’s mom prepares her just-picked zucchini. Simple and delicious, the almost caramelized zucchini are topped with a Parmesan crust. Serve Mary’s zucchini like a wedge of pizza, straight from the pan, with the cheese-side up.
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two, March/April 2011
Yield: 2 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini (about 2 medium), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and most of the slices are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve warm.
Nutrition Per Serving: 101 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 2 g fiber; 333 mg sodium; 603 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (68% daily value), Potassium (17%), Calcium (16%).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat