Here we top lightly sweetened peaches and blackberries with sparkling wine for a refreshing summer dessert.
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 pint blackberries, or raspberries
- 1 1/3 cups chilled Asti Spumante, or other sparkling wine
- Combine honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat just until the honey melts. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon zest. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the fuzz from peaches with a kitchen towel. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits and dice the flesh. Combine the diced peaches, berries and honey syrup in a bowl and stir gently to combine. Spoon into 4 dessert dishes and chill until serving time.
- Just before serving, pour 1/3 cup sparkling wine into each dish.
Nutrition Per serving:
171 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate