Instant Peach Frozen Yogurt
Frozen peaches turn into nearly instant frozen yogurt in this quick and easy recipe.
From EatingWell: March/April 1999
Yield: 6 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 16-ounce package unsweetened frozen peaches, (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar, preferably superfine
- Stir together yogurt, schnapps and vanilla in a measuring cup. Combine peaches and sugar in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually pour yogurt mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Scoop frozen yogurt into chilled dessert dishes.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze for up to 4 days. Let soften in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per serving:
113 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 1 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (131% daily value).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate