Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles
These peanut butter-pretzel truffles satisfy your craving for something sweet and salty.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Yield: 20 truffles
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes. Roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour. Roll the frozen balls in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Nutrition Per truffle:
64 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 53 mg sodium; 65 mg potassium.