EatingWell’s Pimiento Cheese
This Southern favorite is a simple blend of Cheddar, mayonnaise and pimientos. If you like spicy foods, add a few shakes of hot sauce. Serve with crackers for an appetizer or as a sandwich spread for lunch!
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
Combine cheese, mayonnaise, pimientos, scallions and hot sauce (if using) in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Exchanges: 1 fat