Pina Colada Yogurt Parfait
Take a trip to the tropics with our pina colada inspired parfait. It even makes a great breakfast when you need a sunny start to your day.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Yield: 1 serving
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup crushed canned pineapple, or canned mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut, (see Tip)
- Top yogurt with pineapple (or canned mandarin oranges) and coconut.
- Tip: To toast coconut: Place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Per serving (with pineapple):
155 calories; 3 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 57 mg sodium; 325 mg potassium.
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: pineapple: 1/2 low-fat milk, 1 fruit, oranges: 1/2 low-fat milk, 1 fruit
Nutrition Note: Per serving (with oranges): 133 calories; 3 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrate; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 333 mg potassium.1 1/2 Carbohydrate ServingsExchanges: 1/2 low-fat milk, 1 fruit