Pizza Dough Prestissimo
Use this quick dough for one large pizza or four calzones.
From EatingWell: September/October 1995
Yield: 1 pound dough, enough for 1 large pizza (8 servings)
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Heat water and oil in a small saucepan or the microwave to between 125 and 130°F. With the processor on, gradually pour the hot liquid through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball. Then process for 1 minute to knead. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Whole-Wheat Variation: Substitute 1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour and 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour for the flour in the above recipe. Proceed in the same manner.
- Make Ahead Tip: The dough can be made ahead, enclosed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
Nutrition Per serving:
113 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch