Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp with Arugula Salad for Two
This recipe for jumbo shrimp wrapped in thin strips of prosciutto and served on a lemony bed of arugula is a practically effortless recipe for two. Wrap your shrimp and make the dressing ahead of time, and you’ll have dinner on the table even faster. Serve with toasted whole-wheat baguette sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 2 servings, 4 shrimp & 1 1/2 cups salad each
Active Time: 30
Total Time: 30
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 8 raw jumbo shrimp (13-15 per pound; see Tip)
- 4 very thin slices prosciutto (about 1 ounce), cut in half lengthwise to make 8 strips
- Whisk 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add arugula and toss to coat.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Pat dry and sprinkle both sides with the remaining pinch of pepper. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each shrimp.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes total. Serve the shrimp with the arugula salad.
Tips & Notes
- Shrimp is usually sold by the number needed to make one pound. For example, “21-25 count” means there will be 21 to 25 shrimp in a pound. Size names, such as “large” or “extra large,” are not standardized, so to get the size you want, order by the count per pound. Both wild-caught and farm-raised shrimp can damage the surrounding ecosystems when not managed properly. Fortunately, it is possible to buy shrimp that have been raised or caught with sound environmental practices. Look for fresh or frozen shrimp certified by an independent agency, such as the Marine Stewardship Council. If you can’t find certified shrimp, choose wild-caught shrimp from North America—it’s more likely to be sustainably caught.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (22% daily value), Folate (16% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv)
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat