Quick Pizza Dough
In less time than you can drive to the store and back, this homemade pizza dough is ready.Yield: 1 pound dough (6 servings)
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Pulse flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor until mixed.
- Heat oil and water in a small saucepan or in a glass measuring cup in the microwave to between 120 and 130°F. With the processor on, gradually pour the warm liquid through the feed tube. (If the mixture is too dry, add 1 or 2 tablespoons warm water.) Process until the dough forms a ball, then process for 1 minute to knead.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dough can be made ahead, enclosed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
Try This Recipe With:
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||1 g (0 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Selenium (19% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 2
Exchanges 2 starch