Quinoa & Black Beans
Stir in your favorite jarred salsa for extra zing. Also good the next day for lunch.
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Yield: 2 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons broth, (or water)
- 1/2 cup hot cooked quinoa
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and cook until almost tender. Add beans and broth (or water) to the pan. Cook until heated through. Stir in quinoa.
Nutrition Per serving:
162 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, /2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat