The rosy blush of these radish pickles deepens as they sit, but if tossed with the dressing too far in advance, they will lose their crispness.
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Yield: 6 servings, 1/4 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 12 ounces red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- Stir together vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt in a small bowl until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add radishes and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Nutrition Per serving:
7 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 37 mg sodium; 127 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food