As fast as a chutney can be, adding raspberries to cranberry sauce makes a more interesting—and tasty—accompaniment to a holiday roast or in a turkey sandwich.
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, (not thawed)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots, (2 large)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine raspberries, cranberries, marmalade, shallots, vinegar, ginger and allspice in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened, about 7 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
29 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 6 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate