Rice & Lentil Salad
A simple dressing of sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard and paprika flavors this rice and lentil salad. It's a great way to use up leftovers.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed, or 11/3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley; stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (42% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat