Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce
Complex and salty, this sauce would complement most any vegetable stir-fry. To have extra sauce, double the batch, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Yield: 2 tablespoons, for 4 servings
Active Time: 5
Total Time: 5
- 1 tablespoon Shao Hsing rice wine, (see Note) or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons oyster-flavored sauce, or vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Whisk rice wine (or sherry), oyster sauce, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Shao Hsing (or Shaoxing) is a seasoned rice wine. It is available in most Asian specialty markets and some larger supermarkets in the Asian section. If unavailable, dry sherry is an acceptable substitute.
Try This Recipe With:
- Watercress with Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce
- Broccoli & Tomatoes with Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce
- Napa Cabbage & Carrots with Rice Wine-Oyster Sauce
Exchanges: Free Food