Roasted Delicata Squash & Onions
Roasting intensifies delicata squash’s flavor. Seasoned with rosemary and maple, this recipe’s great with pork or turkey.
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds delicata squash (about 2 large)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise; scoop out the seeds. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Toss with onion, 1 tablespoon oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until tender and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary, syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Toss the vegetables with the dressing.
Nutrition Per serving:
164 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 6 g fiber; 203 mg sodium; 599 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Vitamin C (52% dv).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fat