Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
Browning butter brings out a mellow nuttiness that complements the strong flavor of the sprouts. Browned butter can be an excellent flavor addition to any sauté.
Yield: 4 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 25
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Place butter on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with water; toss and continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes more.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat