Roasted Corn Salsa
Serve this salsa as a dip for chips or as a relish to accompany grilled pork tenderloin or chicken.
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Yield: 6 servings, 1/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 small ears fresh corn, shucked
- 3/4 cup prepared tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high heat. Roast corn (still on the cob), turning frequently, until the kernels are darkened on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salsa, lime juice, cilantro and cumin.
Nutrition Per serving:
36 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable