Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
Try this garlicky cayenne-spiced mayonnaise instead of traditional store-bought versions. It makes a delicious dip for steamed vegetables or a sandwich spread.Yield: about 3/4 cup
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 45
- 1 head garlic
- 5 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and wrap into a package. Roast directly on the oven rack until the cloves are soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the remaining 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, tofu, lemon juice, paprika, salt and cayenne. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, if necessary. Transfer to a small bowl.
Try This Recipe With:
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||4 g (1 g sat, 3 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 0
Exchanges 1 fat
From EatingWell August/September 2005