Roasted Lemon-Parmesan Cauliflower with Capers
Roasted cauliflower and lemon segments tossed with Parmesan and capers makes an easy side dish. Pair it with roast chicken.Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 40
- 1 lemon
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from lemon and discard. Working over a small bowl, cut the lemon segments from their surrounding membranes, letting the segments drop into the bowl. Drain the juice from the segments.
- Toss the lemon segments, cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper on the baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast until starting to soften and brown, stirring once halfway through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and capers over the cauliflower; stir to combine. Serve garnished with more Parmesan, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Easy cleanup: Recipes that require cooking spray can leave behind a sticky residue that can be hard to clean. To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you apply the cooking spray.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||10 g (3 g sat, 6 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (187% daily value), Folate (32% dv), Potassium (19% dv), Calcium (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 2 vegetable, 2 fat
From EatingWell March/April 2012