Roasted Peach Sundaes
This easy dessert satisfies a sweet tooth while adding another serving of fruit, contributing vitamins and antioxidants.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
- Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per serving:
138 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value), Vitamin C (10% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrates