Roasted Pears with Brie & Pistachios
Roasted pears with Brie and pistachios is delicious as a first course or a side with roast pork or lamb. Leave the stems on for the prettiest presentation.Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 45
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe pears, preferably Bosc
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 teaspoons chopped pistachios, toasted (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (or similar-size) metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off the other side so they will lie flat when served. Brush all over with the mustard glaze and place cored-side down in the prepared pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze. Gently turn them over, baste again and place a piece of Brie in the hollow of each pear. Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle each pear half with 1 teaspoon pistachios.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast seeds and chopped, small or sliced nuts (pages 30, 40, 63), cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||9 g (3 g sat, 4 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 1 fruit, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
From EatingWell November/December 2011