Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Be sure to save the pumpkin seeds from your Halloween jack-o’-lantern so you can make this crunchy, healthy snack.Yield: 1 cup, for 6 servings
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 35
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a small bowl, drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Add salt, stir to combine and coat. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake the seeds, stirring once or twice, until toasted and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight for up to 3 days.
- Tip: To harvest seeds from a pumpkin, scoop out the inside of the pumpkin. Separate the seeds from the flesh as well as you can, then place the seeds in a bowl of water. Use your hands to swish the seeds around to loosen any remaining flesh or strings. The seeds will float, so you can remove them with a spoon or your fingers. Drain the seeds on a dry dish towel or a plate lined with paper towels; pat dry with paper towels.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||3 g (0 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 2
From EatingWell November/December 2011