Zesty Salsa with Preserved Lemons
Preserved lemon adds a tart twist to traditional fresh tomato salsa. Scoop it up with tortilla chips or use it as a topping for grilled fish tacos. For this recipe, you can use the yellow peel and/or the pulp from a preserved lemon. Just be sure to rinse the lemon well before using and remove any seeds from the pulp.
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Yield: About 3 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced rinsed preserved lemon peel and/or pulp
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, preserved lemon, scallions, oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Nutrition Per 1/4-cup serving:
28 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 68 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
You Might Also Like