This is a Mexican-inspired take on the Salty Dog (usually made with grapefruit juice, vodka and salt).
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Coarse salt, (optional)
- 4 ounces tequila, divided
- 2 ounces orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau, divided
- 3 cups grapefruit juice, divided
- 4 grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Wet the rims of 4 glasses and coat with coarse salt (if desired); fill the glasses with ice. Pour 1 ounce tequila and 1/2 ounce liqueur into each. Top each with 3/4 cup grapefruit juice and stir. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Nutrition Per cocktail:
188 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate