Use this tangy mayonnaise as a sandwich spread or as a dip for a platter of grilled summer vegetables.
From EatingWell: Summer 2002, The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Yield: About 1/2 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, juice
- Pinch of salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk until blended.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
17 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 10 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
Try this recipe with: