Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Smoked salmon has such a rich and salty flavor that a little bit goes a long way in this sophisticated take on scrambled eggs. Consider a slice of hearty German rye bread with a schmear of Neufchâtel cheese to accompany this savory dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and pepper in a small bowl until well blended.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add scallion greens and cook, stirring, until softened, about 30 seconds. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook until they just begin to set, about 10 seconds; stir in salmon. Cook, stirring gently from time to time, until the eggs have thickened into soft, creamy curds, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per serving:
108 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 213 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 0 g fiber; 182 mg sodium; 155 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (36% daily value), good source of omega-3s.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 medium-fat meat