Seasoned Couscous with Lemon & Mint
Golden grains of couscous readily absorb the flavors of lemon, onion, herbs and spice.
From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups couscous
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan Spice Mix, (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; stir in remaining ingredients and remove pan from the heat. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, fluffing the couscous with a fork.
Nutrition Per serving:
228 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 620 mg sodium; 168 mg potassium.
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 starch