Tapas are not always fancy—usually they're just a few simple ingredients prepared well, like these tender, juicy mushrooms. Just place a dish of toothpicks next to the serving dish and let guests help themselves.Yield: 12 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 40
Total Time: 40
- 3 pounds white mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup cream sherry, (see Tip)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Clean mushrooms and cut in half (or quarters if large). Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Stir in sherry and garlic and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until most of the juices have evaporated, 10 to 14 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Tip: Cream sherry is a fortified wine used to flavor sauces. Find it near other fortified wines in your wine or liquor store. Opened bottles will keep in a cool, dry place for months.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||1 g (0 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Potassium & Selenium (14% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1 1/2 vegetable
From EatingWell March/April 2007