These shrimp appetizers are simple yet full of flavor. Just top melba toasts with a bit of cream cheese, a cooked shrimp and dollop of pepper jelly. Look for pepper jelly near other jellies and jams—it has a tiny bit of heat that gives these some extra pizzazz!
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Yield: 2 dozen
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 24 small, round melba toasts or whole-wheat crackers
- 24 small (60-70 per pound) cooked peeled shrimp (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon pepper jelly
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese on each cracker. Top each with a shrimp and 1/8 teaspoon pepper jelly.
Nutrition Per Serving: 22 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 34 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fat