Skillet Gnocchi with Shrimp & Asparagus
The gnocchi cooks right in the skillet, along with shrimp, shallots, asparagus and Parmesan cheese, in this gnocchi recipe. Look for shelf-stable gnocchi near other pasta. Serve with baby arugula salad with vinaigrette and a glass of pinot grigio.Yield: 4 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 30
Total Time: 30
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into thirds
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound raw shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and golden in spots, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shallots to the pan; cook over medium heat, stirring, until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in asparagus and broth. Cover and cook until the asparagus is barely tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp, pepper and salt; cover and simmer until the shrimp is pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Return the gnocchi to the skillet along with lemon juice and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with cheese, cover and let stand until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||10 g (2 g sat, 5 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Folate (29% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Vitamin A (22% dv), Iron (21% dv), Calcium (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Serving 4
Exchanges 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
From EatingWell May/June 2012