Soy-Lime Roasted Tofu
Here we marinate tofu cubes in soy sauce and lime juice with a touch of toasted sesame oil, then roast them—perfect tofu every time.
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Yield: 4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 90
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Pat tofu dry and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and oil in a medium shallow dish or large sealable plastic bag. Add the tofu; gently toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon (discard marinade). Spread out on a large baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching. Roast, gently turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the tofu (Step 1) for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate roasted tofu for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Per Serving: 78 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 153 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (20% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat