Sparkling Cran Razzy
Enjoy your fruit juice but keep calories in check by mixing it with seltzer. Make a pretty garnish by freezing big, plump fresh raspberries (already-frozen ones don't look as nice.)
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes (including 1 hour freezing time)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, for garnish
- 2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 cups seltzer
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 4 wedges for garnish
- If using fresh raspberries, freeze them in a single layer for about 1 hour (or overnight) before proceeding with Step 2.
- Combine cranberry-raspberry juice, seltzer and lime juice in a pitcher. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with frozen raspberries and lime wedges.
Nutrition Per Serving: 65 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 157 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit