Spinach, Avocado & Mango Salad
Reader Jennifer Sanders contributed this salad, which offers a wealth of color and texture, as well as antioxidants.
From EatingWell: Fall 2004, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 4 servings, 2 cups each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil, almond oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8-12 small red radishes, (1 bunch), sliced
- 1 small ripe mango, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- To prepare dressing: Whisk juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, combine spinach, radicchio, radishes and mango in a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss to coat. Garnish each serving with avocado slices.
Nutrition Per serving:
210 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 258 mg sodium; 479 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Fiber (26% dv).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 fat (mono)