Spinach Salad with Black Olive Vinaigrette
Good imported olives in a sophisticated dressing make eating your spinach a special pleasure.
From EatingWell: January/February 1996, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk oil, vinegar (or lemon juice) and olives in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach, cucumbers and onions; toss well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per serving:
128 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 9 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 284 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Folate (22% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat