Stir-Fried Celery with Peanuts
Prep all the ingredients before you begin the celery stir-fry—once the skillet is hot, the dish cooks in minutes. Cut zest from the orange with a vegetable peeler before you juice it.Yield: 6 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 25
- 2 strips (2-by-1/2-inch) orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 4 cups diagonally sliced celery (large outer stalks)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup halved and slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- Cut orange zest into fine slivers. Whisk orange juice, tamari (or soy sauce), honey and cornstarch in a small bowl until blended.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Add oil, celery and the orange zest. Stir-fry until the celery is crisp-tender, but still bright green, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic. Add the orange juice mixture and onion and stir-fry just until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||8 g (1 g sat, 5 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 2 fat
From EatingWell January/February 2012