Stir-Fried Spicy Chicken Tenders
A bag of frozen peppers and onions can be a quick start to a stir-fry; here, it's combined with almost fat-free chicken tenders for a speedy dinner. Serve this dish with warm polenta rounds or brown rice.Yield: 4 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 30
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces (see Variation)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 16-ounce package frozen bell pepper and onion mix
- Combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pepper-and-onion mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the spice-rubbed chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot. Variation: Make Stir-Fried Spicy Beef by using 1 pound of stir-fry beef or thinly sliced top round steak instead of chicken in this dish.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 up to 1 day ahead.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||5 g (1 g sat, 2 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (24% daily value).
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat